Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 20 ~ Old Friends


Today, I took Mason to the birthday party of one of my "old" friends sons. He is turning 4 this week, and Mason will be 3 next week. While we were there, I got to visit with not only them, but another set of "old" friends who have a son a few months older than Mason, and a daughter just a few months younger than Mason. These "old" friends of mine, I have known since elementary school. We have been in each others weddings, and helped each other through tough times. We don't get to see each other very often, so today was a real treat! I had a really great time getting to see them and see how their children were playing, even holding hands with Mason. (Apparently Ava is his new girlfriend. ) : ) It is amazing how far we have all come since our school-days. Each of us married with 2 children, trying to get in a conversation between chasing one child this way, while the other runs that way. I am very thankful that I have friendships like this. With the hustle and bustle of all our children going here and there it is important to keep these lifelong friendships alive. I miss my "old" friends but am thankful for the times like today!

No comments: