Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11-11


I have always remembered Veterans Day... mainly because it is my birthday and I get a day off from work. However, this year, I am thinking of other things on this day. My step-brother is currently in Afghanistan. I have never really "personally" known anyone who was in the war before... but now, it is my own family. This brings a whole new meaning to toady. As I celebrate turning 27, I think of my step-brother, fighting for me and you in Afghanistan each and every day. Please... say a prayer for him today. And tomorrow. And until he comes home. 11-11 has a different "feel" to it today....

1 comment:

Christina said...

Praying for your brother and all of those who serve! What a blessing each and every one of them is! Oh, and Happy Birthday to You (and me)! :)