Monday, September 13, 2010

Something New...

Our Sunday School class is doing a Bible Study about changing your attitude. This week, the focus was on Thankfulness. There was a challenge at the end of the week, challenging us to write down something we are thankful for, each day, for an entire year. Sounds easy enough... right? I'm not so sure. I mean, we could all think of the things we are thankful for... family, friends, food, house... but 365 things. And not just "things", like "I'm thankful for my favorite jeans". I wanted to take it a step further and really think about what I am truly thankful for. My goal for this "change" in my blog is to think of something each day that I am thankful to have in my life. I may not blog every day, but I am writing everything down and I will promise to blog at least once a week, making public these things that I am thankful for. My hope is to open my eyes and see how truly blessed I am... and maybe help someone else do the same along the way.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Awesome idea! I may have to jump on this idea eventually. Focusing on the positive in life every day, even if it's just one thing, would be a mood booster on "those" days I'm sure! Can't wait to see what you're thankful for. :)

Tina Mardis said...

Wonderful, wonderful plan!! I LOVE this idea...and I am so proud of you for taking up the challenge!